There are a few key aspects to how we utilize technology within our business so as to not only enable us to operate as efficiently as possible but also to help us in providing the best possible level of customer service.
Professional Design Solutions
We have been using professional level architecture software since 2009 to generate all our construction plans, cabinet layouts, and photographic quality 3D renderings. This allows us to produce plans for permit application, to pass on to engineers… also in combination with 3D renderings, it allows the homeowner to visualize how the finished project will look and make key decisions before any work has started.
This also allows us to produce accurate material takeoffs & ensure no key elements are missed. It is one thing, seeing everything listed in a quote, but for most clients, it is far clearer if they have something visual as their check list without the need to understand construction blueprints.
On one project we were able to show the homeowner how space they already had could accommodate a large master suite without the need to build an addition (their initial plan). A few hours spent playing with different layouts can ultimately save many $1000’s.
We use an online client portal, Co-Construct, which allows us and the home owner to:
- Share progress updates
- Share schedules, plans & various other elements of a project with the clients as well as other trades, architects … etc.
- View and Approve Product Selections
- View and Approve Change Orders
- Dedicated messaging system between us and the client
Not only is the client kept in the loop but this makes communications easier which ultimately results in less stress for all parties involved.
In the Back Office
- Significant investment into both accounting and construction project management systems
- Create project proposals/quotes in a professional & timely manner
- Accurately track project costs while ensuring that overheads are kept under control
- By being efficient off-site, we are more effective on-site.
On The Job Site
- Remote access to our project management database & email
- Up to date and able to deal with anything that arises efficiently in the office, on the road or at the client site
- Collaborating on design ideas for the desired renovation in client’s home
- Reviewing design inspirations in the client’s home
- Receiving quotes from suppliers on the go, to connecting with new prospects in a timely manner