All our custom cabinets are designed & built within our workshop in Invermere, BC with a focus on \durability and premium craftsmanship. We design, build and install custom cabinetry tailored to you and your family’s needs and aesthetics.
Whether you have an awkward shaped / sized room where standard sized cabinets will not work easily or something rather specific / one-of-a-kind or you simply prefer the quality of hand-built custom cabinets, we have our own in-house custom cabinet workshop based in Invermere, BC where we create cabinets, shelving, benches, counter / table tops and various other custom projects.
- Design – We use professional architecture software to provide our clients with realistic and photographic quality 3D renderings and then Cabinet Vision professional cabinet shop software when it comes to the intricacies of the cabinets themselves.
- Build & Fabrication – We build all our custom cabinets & cabinet doors in-house in our cabinet shop located in Invermere, BC.
- Finishing – Whether a popular paint-grade finish or your own more unique taste … we use high quality tinted lacquers to produce that ling lasting durable finish. Alternatively when it comes to wood cabinet doors, we can either stain or just go with a protective clear coat to bring out the natural tones of the chosen wood species.
DESIGN – BUILD – FINISHING
Our cabinet boxes are typically made from either:
TFL (Thermally Fused Laminated):
- Available in many different finishes (Hardrock maple being our most common) or Alpine White (similar to melamine, but without the harmful ingredients)
- Cost effective & Environmentally conscious
- No added urea-formaldehyde
3/4″ pre-finished birch plywood (our most popular option)
- Best for long term durability
- High quality multi-layer domestic grade plywood
- Most in keeping with wood cabinet doors
Our cabinet boxes and drawers are connected by a combination of biscuit and dado joints & glued/pinned.
OUR CABINET DOORS & DRAWER FRONTS
- We offer a variety of door & drawer front styles including shaker (recessed panel), slab (engineered), raised panel, glass panel, slatted, etc.
- All paint-grade finishes are sprayed at least 3 coats. We use tinted lacquers for durability and can colour match to any colour from the Benjamin Moore, Cloverdale, or Sherwin Williams catalogs.
- Stain grade cabinet doors, drawer fronts & other cabinetry/millwork elements are typically sprayed with 3 coats of a high-quality stain.
- We can offer vertical or horizontal grain when it comes to wood doors … such as rift cut oak, VG fir & others.
- Our shaker doors are 5-piece style; for paint grade we use MDF unless the client specifies wood (ie. maple).
- The most popular wood species are maple, alder, vertical grain (VG) fir, rift cut oak, and cherry. Ask about other options.
DRAWER BOXES & HARDWARE
- We offer either solid wood or plywood drawer boxes
- Our basic drawer boxes are made from 5/8″ Hardrock Maple TFL but in most cases, clients upgrade to clear-birch plywood. We also offer solid wood drawer boxes when requested.
- Our drawer slides are Blum under-mount with the integral soft-close mechanism.
- Our standard cabinet hinges are Blum 110 degree with integrak soft-close mechanism.
- We also offer bi-fold hinges (for Lazy Susan / corner cabinets), overhead / hatch styles of hinges … basically anything from the Blum catalogue.
- Shelf pins; our standard is a locking undermounted / hidden style of shelf pin that marries the adjustability + security.
We primarily offer cabinet hardware from Blum as well as other quality cabinet hardware manufacturers.
Most manufacturers offer kitchen upper cabinets in 12″, 15″ or 24″ depths (the latter typically for above a fridge) and base cabinets are usually 24″ deep for a kitchen and anywhere from 19″ to 23″ deep for a bathroom vanity. We usually follow these standards, but can easily create in-between sizes, if required. Similarly, most manufacturers offer upper cabinets in perhaps 2 – 3 height variations (other than shorter “appliances” cabinets) … we can design the cabinets and doors around maximizing the use of space. We can also vary the height of a bathroom vanity cabinet depending on the type of sink (a drop-in or under-mount sink is best with a slightly higher countertop compared to a vessel sink which sits on top of the vanity countertop). Similarly, if everyone in the home is tall, we can build the kitchen cabinets higher or if there is someone in the home with limited mobility, we can create lower cabinets with wheelchair access if needed.
So essentially the options are only limited by your imagination and of course the budget. From simpler European slab doors & melamine construction boxes to exotic wood species and very contemporary hardware there is sure to be something that satisfies your inner design geek.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
We provide a limited lifetime warranty on all our in-house custom cabinets.(Conditions apply – Details available on request)