We design-build-install custom cabinets for any purpose: Kitchen cabinets, bathrooms cabinets, bedroom cabinets and other rooms and uses.
Whether you have an awkward shaped / sized room where standard sized cabinets will not work easily or something rather specific / one-of-a-kind or you simply prefer the quality of hand-built custom cabinets, we have our own in-house custom cabinet workshop based in Squamish where we create cabinets, shelving, benches, flooring transitions and various other custom projects.
We manage the whole renovation process:
- Design – We use professional architecture software to provide our clients with realistic and photographic quality 3D renderings. Where appropriate we bring in 3rd party engineering contractors.
- Build & Fabrication – We build all our custom cabinets & cabinet doors in-house in our cabinet shop located in Squamish.
- Project Management – We co-ordinate all sub-trades (i.e. plumber & electrician), schedule our own install staff, procure all necessary materials & ensure the project stays on schedule as well as communicate throughout with clients.
- Install – Installation of our custom cabinets are performed by our own experienced employees. There is a limited lifetime guarantee on all our in-house custom cabinets.
DESIGN – BUILD – PROJECT MANAGEMENT – INSTALLATION
Our cabinets are typically made from either:
- TFL (Thermally Fused Laminated):
- Available in many different finishes (Hardrock maple being our most common)
- Cost effective & Environmentally conscious
- No added urea-formaldehyde
- 3/4″ plywood boxes for increased durability with wood doors (plywood panels for uniformity with solid wood frames). The most common are birch which can be stained with a multitude of finishes & sprayed with a clear-coat protection, however, we can source a multitude of wood species depending on client requirements.
- We can also create cabinets built from MDF with a laminated veneer which offers a huge array of possible finishes. These can be combined with many styles of doors (thermofoil, laminate, wood stain or paint, etc).
- Our basic drawer boxes are made from 5/8″ Hardrock Maple TFL but in most cases, clients upgrade to clear-birch plywood. We also offer solid wood drawer boxes when requested.
- All paint or stain finishes are sprayed at least 3 coats and are finished with tinted lacquers for durability. These are often custom matched to exacting client specifications.
- Stain grade cabinet doors, drawer fronts & other cabinetry/millwork elements are typically sprayed with 3 coats of a high-quality stain.
- Our plywood cabinet boxes and drawers are connected by a combination of biscuit and dado joints & glued/pinned.
We primarily offer cabinet drawer systems from Blum as well as other quality cabinet hardware manufacturers.
Most manufacturers offer kitchen upper cabinets in 12″, 15″ or 24″ depths (the latter typically for above a fridge) and base cabinets are usually 24″ deep for a kitchen and anywhere from 19″ to 23″ deep for a bathroom vanity. We usually follow these standards, but can easily create in-between sizes, if required. Similarly, most manufacturers offer upper cabinets in perhaps 2 – 3 height variations (other than shorter “appliances” cabinets) … we can design the cabinets and doors around maximizing the use of space. We can also vary the height of a bathroom vanity cabinet depending on the type of sink (a drop-in or under-mount sink is best with a slightly higher countertop compared to a vessel sink which sits on top of the vanity countertop). Similarly, if everyone in the home is tall, we can build the kitchen cabinets higher or if there is someone in the home with limited mobility, we can create lower cabinets with wheelchair access if needed.
So essentially the options are only limited by your imagination and of course the budget. From simpler European slab doors & melamine construction boxes to exotic wood species and very contemporary hardware there is sure to be something that satisfies your inner design geek.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
We provide a LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY on all our in-house custom cabinets. Conditions do apply (typical wear & tear, etc). Details available on request.